Nursing Education Scholarship
Now Accepting Applications for the 2014 Award
TravelNursing.org is happy to provide scholarships for qualifying applicants who are applying to a medical related field or who are currently pursuing further education in the fields of nursing and medicine.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an essay of 500-1000 words explaining what it is they hope to accomplish during their career in the medical field. Applicants and potential scholarship winners will be critiqued by the editorial staff at TravelNursing.org and selected annually on February 10th. Applications for this year’s award are due by January 10th, 2014.
Applications are welcomed from anybody who meets the application requirements. If you are currently enrolled in a medical program or have been accepted by a program but not yet started, you are eligible to apply for the scholastic award.
TravelNursing.org is proud to support the advancement of medicine and science and hopes to be able to contribute to the education of those who diligently strive to improve the health of the future.
If you wish to apply, please review the application requirements and submit all information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Scholarship Application Here.
Scholarship Details and Requirements
- $1,000 annual scholarship to be awarded to the chosen applicant.
- Scholarship shall benefit any person 17 years of age or older who is currently accepted to a medicine related program but not yet started, or any current undergraduate or graduate student who is currently enrolled in and attending a medicine related program at an accredited institution of learning.
- Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age and be accepted to a full-time medicine related program, but not yet attending because the established start date of the program has not arrived.
- Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age and be accepted to and attending a full-time medicine related program at an accredited institution of learning.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, based on the previous year’s academic performance.
- Application Process
- Applicant shall submit all contact information as contained within the application, including name, address, phone number, email, date of birth and sex.
- Applicant shall submit proof of age. A photocopy of a driver’s license or other valid ID is acceptable.
- Applicant shall submit proof of enrollment or acceptance to an accredited institution of learning. A photocopy of transcripts or acceptance letter is acceptable.
- Applicant shall submit an essay of at least 500 words but no more than 1000 words that explain what they hope to accomplish in the medical field and how they will impact the lives of others with the education and knowledge they acquire while in medical training. Essay will also include the student’s opinion of why they feel they should be selected to receive the scholarship funds.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel and winner selected based on criteria set forth in the requirements section of this document.
- Once the winner is decided and notified of the award, he/she will receive a mailed 1099-MISC tax form and the check will be delivered to their address. The winner of the scholarship award will be fully responsible for the taxes incurred from receiving the award.