Top 5 Beach Locations For Travel Nursing
There’s something at the beach for everyone and fortunately for travel nurses, one of the best beaches in the nation can be a quick drive away! Here are the top seven beach locations to take an assignment:
1. Washington State’s Ocean and Sound: While Washington state is known for rain and evergreen trees, this west coast state has to a lot more to offer. The beaches come in all types of varieties from sandy beaches that draw big crowds to rockier beaches that are excellent for finding a secluded area for kayaking or jumping in the water.
2. Hawaiian Coast: Hawaii is one of the most beautiful areas in the world: home to volcanoes, forests and, of course, beaches. One reason Hawaiian beaches are to die for is the great weather that Hawaii is famous for with low humidity and high sunshine.
3. Gulf Coast Beaches in Alabama: Alabama only has a little over 50 miles of coastline, but that coastline is definitely worth getting excited about – especially since their weather is consistently warm. Many of the beaches in Alabama are long and sandy making them perfect destinations for weekend retreats or day trips.
4. Sandy Florida: Fun fact: Florida has the second largest coastline of any state (after Alaska). Not only does Florida offer beaches in the Gulf and Atlantic coast, but Florida also shares the same waters as the Bahamas.
5. Tahoe Beaches: California and Nevada share one of the most appreciated lakes in the country: Lake Tahoe. Because it’s in the mountain, Tahoe beaches can get frigid in the winter, but waiting until the summer is totally worth it. Not only are the beaches beautiful and the weather great, but water visibility is usually around 70 ft, meaning you can see clearly 70 ft down into the water.